Scientific Colloquium on Social Enterprise
Scientific Colloquium on Social Enterprise aims to promote studies and research paths focused on the main themes that characterize the actual evolution of the social enterprise and its peculiar features. From a general perspective this entrepreneurial model plays a relevant role in terms of national development, ensuring the supply of a wide set of general-interest services. Therefore it is important to consolidate an interdisciplinary academic focus through the proposition of innovative models of mission, governance, and management that can contribute to strengthen the active engagement of social enterprise in the socio-economic system.
According to the theme of the 14th Edition of the Scientific Colloquium – Social Enterprises and their Ecosystem for Sustainable Development – the organizers welcome theoretical and empirical contributions (including interdisciplinary and international ones) on issues that characterize the challenges of social enterprises and their ecosystem: sustainable development, innovation of production processes according to circular economy, new paths of social inclusion.
The 14th Scientific Colloquium is part of Torino Social Impact and will take place on May 28 and 29 2020 at the Department of Management of the University of Turin. The organization is managed by Iris Network.
Do you want to submit a paper?
Find out how you can play an active role in building the program:
Deadline submission: 23/02/2020 – Registration will open in March.
The program will be articulated starting from the following thematic sessions:
- Roles, relationships and competences between reform and social innovation: co-design, integrated design and hybrid organizations
- Technological, market and business model innovation for social inclusion
- Social finance and impact finance: markets, instruments and effects
- Impact assessment: theories, methods and applications
- The contribution of the social enterprise to circular economy
- Generative (and regenerative) welfare in local and urban development
- The social enterprise and its multiple activities: social and educational services, environmental protection, cultural and artistic activities, work integration, social agriculture, sports activities
- New regulatory tools and new contractual methods: legal forms and perspectives
- The social enterprise in the international context: comparative studies
- Philanthropic organizations and ecosystem actors: from providers to change accelerator